We all depend on e-mail as the primary source of communication. We may sometimes make mistakes while mailing. Though they are small, they can be disastrous in a few cases like sending resumes, business letters, etc. But you can undo your sent mail. Yes, many of us don’t know this feature present in Gmail Settings. It is a less known feature and a very effective one. This feature is not visible by default. It has to be enabled manually.
- Move your cursor to the right upper corner.
- Click on the Gear icon.
- Select ‘Settings’
- Under ‘Settings’ Select ‘Labs’ as shown below.
- Scroll down to find ‘Undo send.
- Enable it by clicking on the radio button “Enable”.
- You can customize the time delay. The default time is set to 10 Sec but you can also change it to 20 or 30 Sec.
- For this go to “settings”->General->Undo send.
- Using the drop-down box you can change ‘Send cancellation period’.
Now let us see how this feature in Gmail Settings work.
- Compose a mail and press send button.
- Now you can see a message at the top of the screen saying.
- If you want to undo the sent e-mail click on here.
So this is how you can undo a sent e-mail in Gmail.