The duration of a background check can vary based on various factors, including the complexity of the check, the volume of requests the Walmart background check company is handling, and specific hiring criteria set by Walmart.
So, how long does it take for Walmart to get a background check back?
For Walmart, the typical time frame for a background check can range from a few days to two weeks. Most candidates report that it takes around one week or less. For example, if there’s a potential discrepancy found in the background check, it might take longer as the company may need to investigate further or seek clarification from the candidate.
If you’ve applied for a position at Walmart and are awaiting the results of your background check, and it’s been more than two weeks, you might consider reaching out to the hiring manager or the human resources department for an update.
How Long Does A Walmart Background Check Take?
A Walmart background check can vary in length, typically taking anywhere from three days to as long as three weeks. According to various sources, the majority of these checks are completed within 5-7 business days.
The time frame for the Walmart background check is not an indication of any issues but rather reflects the thoroughness of the screening process and the time it takes for vendors to gather all the necessary information.
In some cases, the duration may extend due to the depth of information required or the number of state databases that need to be consulted. If it has been over seven days, applicants can follow up with the hiring manager.
What Does Walmart Look for in a Background Check?
Walmart conducts comprehensive background checks for several key reasons:
- Verification of Applicant Information: Walmart verifies the personal details, educational background, and work history provided in your application to ensure their accuracy.
- Criminal History: The checks include searches through county, state, and federal criminal records to uncover any past convictions, arrests, charges, or other offenses.
- Assessment of Trustworthiness: Walmart evaluates past behaviors, financial responsibility, and employment tenure to assess each candidate’s integrity and reliability, especially for positions involving handling of merchandise, cash, or sensitive information.
- Safety Standards: Thorough checks are conducted to maintain safety across all Walmart locations and to protect employees and customers.
- Turnover Reduction: Identifying potential issues early helps Walmart select candidates who are more likely to be successful and remain with the company long-term, thereby reducing turnover rates.
What the Walmart Job Process is like!
You could apply to be a Walmart associate for up to 3 days. It may take a few weeks for Walmart to process your application. They will look into any criminal history and will do a criminal record check to see if there are any other background checks they need to do.